Thursday, August 7, 2014

August 3, 2014- Chili's Metrocenter

Let me start by noting that I go to Chili's a decent amount so it's only fitting that it deserves a review along with a note that given it is a chain restaurant, your experience can vary greatly.

That being said...

What we ordered: 2/$20 Dinner

Appetizer: Tostada Chips w/ Guacamole and Salsa
Usually at Chili's the chips are pretty decent needing just a little salt. However, this time he chips were soft and soggy, as if they had been sitting in grease or if they were sitting underneath a heat lamp for a very extended period of time. The guacamole was average for Chili's and is one of the better guacamoles outside of an authentic Mexican restaurant. The salsa, however, leaves much to be desired and usually is very watery with little flavor.

My Entree: Bacon Ranch Chicken Quesadillas
The Bacon Ranch Chicken Quesadillas are by far my favorite entree at Chili's and They have great flavor. I highly recommend extra ancho-chile ranch for the added flavor. This time around, the chicken appeared to be over salted by quite a lot and led to me drinking more lemonade in order to bring the salt content down. That being said, I still ate all of the dish like I normally would.

My Drink: Strawberry Lemonade

Grades:
Appetizer:2/5
Entree:3.5/5
Drinks:4/5


Restaurant Environment: 5/5
This particular Chili's is better than most given that there is more than enough lighting and both the dining room and lounge are well laid out.

Staff:4/5
Typically I love an attentive waiter and one with some humor. However, I will say that this waiters humor took it just a step too far. I don't mind humor but joking that you are handing me the wrong food and drink just isn't appropriate. One time was enough but two times brought it down a step in terms of quality. Other than that, our waiters were great and I will admit the new system Chili's has put in using teams of waiters really helps make it a better experience.

Speed of Service:5/5

Overall: 3.2/5
Pre-Tip Cost: $27.38
True Value: $17.52

Overall this was a little sub-par of a visit to Chili's which should rank around an overall 4/5 for most visits. Most people would be satisfied with anything above a three, but for those who are a bit more picky than others, you may have left a tad but disappointed.