Tuesday, July 7, 2015

March 3, 2015-Z'Tejas Southwestern Grill Tempe

For our two year anniversary, we went to Z'Tejas in Tempe (not our normal location in Phoenix).

What I ordered: 
Appetizer: Tejas Trio
Entree: Steak Burrito
Drink: Coke

Appetizer: 4.3/5
We got our usual appetizer and it was very good. The salsa was actually pretty decent (I've never been a fan of their salsa) and their guacamole was very good. It wasn't too chunky and everything was mixed together.

Entree: 4.5/5
I decided to try something new and got the steak burrito. It was very good and the beef wasn't spicy like it was when I had gotten the fajitas. I was definitely satisfied with my meal and I think I found my new favorite!

Drinks: 4.6/5
I got Coke and it was good; the ice didn't melt too fast so I didn't feel like I had to rush to drink it!

Restaurant Environment: 4.7/5
The decor of this location is vastly different than the decor of the Bethany Home location. This location definitely gives off the Southwestern vibe with the brick and the flags of the southwestern states. This one felt more "casual" where the other location feels more "business-y" (I mean it is in the financial district). I really liked it!

Staff: 4.2/5
Our waiter was very friendly and took good care of us. I didn't feel like we had a robot for a waiter. 

Speed of Service: 3.9/5
The speed of service was alright. It definitely wasn't busy but I felt like it went slower than it should have. It wasn't too slow but it wasn't boom-boom-boom. I felt this way more towards the end while waiting for our waiter to take our plates and give us the check.

Overall:4.37/5
Pre-Tip Cost: $32.59

Value: $28.48